Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Students prayer


Dear Lord,
I am now in a desperate position.
I have to pass all my papers and i have no time to study!
I was supposed to celebrate christmas like all the normal people in the world...but no it wasnt meant to be.I am one christmasless child (yes i am a kid!).
We were supposed to celcebrate your birth with mistletoe and holly instead ill b looking at my paper with woe and crying over my follies.
I ask you oh lord, is this fair?is it fair that i will pouring over books on research, management, journalism, communication,etc when i should be with friends at indiranagar club or catholic club spreading joy and feelings of brotherhood?
Lord help me pass these exams, with decent marks and help me achieve things i had wanted to....the only thing that will save me from this misery, the thing that ive wanted all along - A huge bar of hersheys...oh and the other exam thing too!
And also please etherise me so that i dont feel the next two weeks...cos deep despair doesnt help enjoy a good mug of hot chocolate or a cappucino.

In your Holy name
Amen

(all those who read this pls dont try to figure out whether its a catholic prayer or a protestant one - cos i studied in a protestant school and did my bachelors in a catholic one!!This is a universal prayer to a universal God...though here i must mention im not fully convinced he exists.Lets say He does, else we have too much misery to handle on our own; or we are controlled by a mothership -- the USS-why-did-we-choose-earth??)

P.s check out this site i stumbled upon when i was searching for a suitable image for the post...

http://www.aquinasandmore.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/store.ItemDetails/sku/16155/title/Student's%20Prayer%20Holy%20Card/index.htm

i kno im an atheist of sorts but this is too much!im now dyin to check out the ISKCON site,lol....hare krsna,hare krsna!
discalimer:i get very sarcy wen it comes to religion of any kind, im a hindu whos studied in x'ian schools and colleges, who celebrates id,christmas,diwali,holi,easter with the same fervour.

n oh btw, i was plannin to bcome a nun in preferably a cistercian church in some beautiful countryside like italy or austria....y cistercian?cos of the vow of silence..jus carry ur fav books n sit in a corner n read.hmm the only thing is i won b able to listen to any rock songs (wud scandalise the nuns!!)...but bach and mozart concertos are as enjoyable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home