Thursday, December 07, 2006

Rest in peace, seagull

"Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends

like my friend has come to pass
seven years has gone so fast
wake me up when september ends

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost
wake me up when september ends"


This Post is dedicated to the one I, we lost in 2000...
Ashwin, in our hearts you will always be the soaring bird that you wanted to be...

He loved wat he did, he was a pilot and he was to come back to india that april-may.
but he didnt...

I remember how he used to carry me on his shoulders wen my bro n i went to his place...he was my brother's best friend...and mine too...

my brother hated it wen i used to throw a tantrum wen he wanted to stay over at his frnds place...i wanted to go wit them...i was always a tom-boy...and i remem sleepin off at ashwins place wen i went wit my bro once...hee hee...

He was more than a frnd to all of us..he was an older bro for my brother (who was quite sick of havin a younger sis!)...and he was my second brother..

On one of my bros bdays he n his sis put all their savings and bought him some electronic stuff he wanted (my bro was always big on electronics)

Ashwin was so naughty...and the mischief he used to b upto! God where are those days?

i couldnt go for his funeral...i don think i couldve been able to face it...a part of my past was crumbling...

We all miss him still..my bro does too..he doesn like to talk bout it...

wen a person leaves, they leave a ghost of a different kind behind - memories...they leave a vaccuum behind...leave their names behind...nevermind theres nobody to respond to the name...

i kno this sounds like a cliche but its so true...they still exist..not physically but in memory tracers and small signs of their physical existence...

For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating.
For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight.

- from "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"


We miss u da, Ashwin.


P.s:This post was inspired by my frnds sana'a's post...i never had the guts to write this...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolances....

Yes, I am serious, from time to time.

6:04 AM  
Blogger sush said...

>themisterpimp
thank you....
ooooh how sweet...serious n'all!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Enigma said...

"wen a person leaves, they leave a ghost of a different kind behind - memories..."

true i agree with u may his soul rets in peace

7:53 PM  
Blogger sush said...

>enigma
thanx....

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wheres sanaas post?

10:57 PM  
Blogger sush said...

>ganja turtle
her blog is on my 'blog of repute' list.the post im refering to is a recent one shes written.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home