Sunday, December 03, 2006

only you.... short story 6 part 2

With you I was always safe. I was never scared of anything when u hugged me. You gave me security that I was looking for,for so long. But then there was this adventurous part of me that wanted a change. That wanted excitement. Was it really the fact that I was bored that drove me to this? I was happy with you, with our routine, with our Sunday sleep-ins. We had our fights. They were occassional. But it was only when our egos clashed that the arguments took a turn for the worse.
You were always be better than him. You always are. Because I blame him for tempting me. Because he should have waited or..he should have done things the right way. He was a spoilt kid who wanted what he desired. I didn’t think I’d be attracted to him. But he is the man every woman is looking for- tall,smart,suave,a faint stubble that didn’t look odd on him,a voice that was slightly gruff, and seemed to suit his personality, a faint dimple that danced on his cheek everytime he smiled, and maybe, just maybe some part of my cheating heart wished he was my husband.
I was attracted to him. I was. I admit now that I was attracted to him. He was the finance manager of Marian Creative Solutions where I was the PR manager. He had just been transferred from Mumbhai. I was excited that he seemed interested in me, but I thought he would stop paying attention to me if he knew I was happily married.
Was I happily married?
Yes I was.
I loved my husband of two years. I have in these 15 years wondered wether we were ever in love. I’m still not sure.
That night I was working late with my team. It was just five years after our marriage. Did you ever hate me for not having kids sooner? I had just finished the meeting and was returning from the ladies room when I met dhruv. He smiled at me and his eyes danced when he saw me…it seemed to have a special sparkle just for me. We discussed various things- the company’s future, the horrible food served in the cafeteria…and we slowly moved on to books, music, movies.,etc. when we finally ended the conversation it was very late. He offered to drop me home and I told him I would call for a call-taxi from my office. He said he would wait till my taxi came and I had to invite him to my office. I told him bout you and he said he’d love to meet you. I waved goodbye, as I got into the taxi. Just then you called to check if I was ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home