Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Could I be lost forever - Short story 7



She stood at the end of the lake...it wasnt a natural lake but a man made one...she stood at the edge and looked into the water...then she looked up and saw the people in the boats, enjoying their ride...in her hand was a gold ring...
She was dressed in track pants and a sweatshirt wit her mp3 player tucked into her pocket...
She had tears in her eyes...

I thought that youd be loving me.
I thought you were the one whod stay forever.
But now forevers come and gone
And Im still here alone.

She looked at the display on her mp3 player.It said: 'Blue eyes blue - Eric Clapton'. She smiled a slow sad smile.

cause you were only playing,
You were only playing with my heart.
I was never waiting,
I was never waiting for the tears to start.

She took a deep breath and started walkin on the path that surrounded the lake.

It was you who put the clouds around me.
It was you who made the tears fall down.
It was you who broke my heart in pieces.
It was you, it was you who made my blue eyes blue.
Oh, I never should have trusted you.

Her eyes blurred with the tears. She suddenly felt cold and put her hands into her pockets.

I thought that Id be all you need.
In your eyes I thought I saw my heaven.
And now my heavens gone away
And Im out in the cold.

She had reached the other side of the circular lake. She leaned against the rusted black and green fence which was put to prevent people from falling into the lake.

Her mind was blank. She was jus staring at the water. She continued to walk.
The next song started playing....

Hey!, if we can solve any problem
Then why do we lose so many tears

She smiled. It was Paul Young's Everytime you go away.

Oh, and so you go again
When the leading man appears
Always the same thing
Can't you see, we've got everything goin' on and on and on

She hugged herself to brace herself against the winter winds that had just started blowing.

Every time you go away you take a piece of me with you.......

She had reached the entrance of the lake. She had come a full circle.

Go on and go free, yeah

Maybe you're too close to see

She clutched the ring one last time, she looked at and threw the ring into the lake in one swift motion, much to the amazement of the people who were watching.

This time her smile was one that reflected her inner peace and calm.

The song changed again.

*Here it comes again.
Cannot out run my desire.
Cover my descent and throw the beauty on the fire.
Drawn towards the edge.
Do I assume I could fly?
Every secret shared.
Why do I drink the feelings dry?
Don't go too far - limitation scars.

She turned and started walkin towards the exit.

She sang under her breath:

*Tonight, could I be lost forever?
To drown my soul in sensory pleasure....

*******************************************

This is a story i wrote to describe how it feels after you have almost gotten over a person.
You have a momentary feeling of confidence and an almost high, cos u believe you are gonna get thru it...and then suddenly things come to haunt you and you realise that it jus got tougher to get down the hill you climbed.

* Beauty on the fire- Natalie Imbruglia.







Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gud one sush...: )

9:48 AM  
Blogger Bangalorean said...

>vidya
thanx da :)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home